Region: Ugam-Chatcal National Park, Western Tien-Shan, Uzbekistan
Tour duration: 1 day
Tour type: 4WD guided excursion
Car type: Lada NIVA 4x4
Total length of the route: 215 km
Itinerary: Tashkent – Ugam-Chatcal National Park – Tashkent
Tour highlights: This tour has developed for those who like to have one day outing through the Ugam-Chatcal nature park by 4WD car. The tour passes through the various picturesque landscapes and includes sightseeing of the mountain lake Charvak, some rivers flows into the lake, a big waterfall, a birch grove – place for picnic and relaxation, a cave, a grotto "Obi Rakhmat" - cave settlement of primitive people of the Paleolithic era, where at summer time archeologists carries out an archeological excavations, a grotto "Khodjikent II" with petroglyphs on rocks, where the ancient hunters had drawn a scene of hunting on Asian ibex.
08:00-09:30 - transfer Tashkent - Ugam-Chatcal National Park (65 km);
09:30 – sightseeing of Khodjikent grotto with petroglyphs;
09:45 - sightseeing of the man-made lake Charvak;
10:20 - arrival to Chatcal river (900 m above the sea level);
11:00 - *Paltau waterfall (h=38 m.);
12:45 – arrival to a birch grove (1450 m);
13:00-14:00 - picnic and rest in a birch grove;
16:00 – visiting of cave;
16:20-16-50 – sightseeing of grotto "Obi Rakhmat";
17:50 – back to Chatcal river;
18:00-20:00 - transfer to Tashkent;
*There is no road to Paltau waterfall, but the path only. The total distance for hiking is 2 km.
- At summer time it is recommended to start the program one hour earlier;
- April month is the only season of tulips’ flowering;
- Summer is the season of the archeological excavations on the grotto "Obi Rakhmat".
- special permit to the nature conservation area;
- Ugam-Chatcal National Park's ecological fees;
- guide service (English speaking guide);
- transfer Tashkent - Ugam-Chatcal National Park – Tashkent;
1. trekking boots;
2. trekking trousers;
3. T-shirt with long sleeves;
Protection from the sun at summer:
1. sunblock cream and sun glasses.
Necessary to have:
1. The itinerary passes through the nature conservation area where the special permit demands. The documents for permitting should be submitted in 15 workdays before the tour.
2. Copies of the following documents are required for permitting:
- scanned copy of passport;
- scanned copy of entry visa.