Itinerary: Tashkent – Ugam-Chatkal national park - Tashkent
Region: Ugam-Chatcal National Park, Western Tien-Shan, Uzbekistan
Tour duration: 4 days/3 nights
The best season: May - October
Total length of trekking route: 47 km
Highlights: Four days trekking inside the national park. Tourists can sightseeing a different picturesque mountain landscapes, a snow peaked mountains, a wealthy flora and fauna of the national park, rivers and waterfalls with pure water, enjoy the meal round the fireplace on camping, and get the information about the area from the experienced guide
Early morning transfer from Tashkent to Aksakata river, Gidjal village (80 km, 2 h). Preparation for trekking. Trekking upstream Aksakata river, to the confluence with Nurekota river. Camp #1 on the bank of Aksakata river. Dinner round the fireplace and overnight under the tents.
Trekking start point - 990 m
Trekking end point - 1393 m
Trekking distance - 7 km
Trekking upstream Nurekata river to the confluence with Berekota river. Camp #2 on the bank of Nurekata river. Refreshing swimming in Nurekota mountain river. Dinner round the fireplace and overnight under the tents.
Trekking start point - 1393 m
Trekking end point - 1762 m
Trekking distance - 12 km.
Trekking up to Kumbel pass, sightseeing of the petroglyphs (L=4 km, H=2396m). Picnic. Trekking through Beldersay gorge to the waterfall "12 bathtubs" in Novotosh.
Trekking start point - 1762 m
Trekking end point - 1650 m
Trekking distance - 16 km.
Trekking to the village Gidjal (ancient sea passage). Transfer to Tashkent (L=80 km, T=2 h).
Trekking start point - 1650 m
Trekking end point - 950 m
Trekking distance - 12 km.
- transfer Tashkent - Gidjal village (Aksakata river), Chakhcham village - Tashkent;
- ecological fees of Ugam-Chatkal national park, registration in the mountain rescue service;
- camping outfit (tents, sleeping bags and insulated mats, medical kit, etc);
- FB meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner);
- gas for cooking of meal;
- service of English speaking mountain guide and cook;
- horses/donkeys for carrying of the camp outfit and trekkers' personal stuff;
- registration fees (The registration is obligatory for all tourists while staying in Uzbekistan).
1. trekking boots;
2. wool socks;
3. thermo-underwear (spring/autumn season);
4. trekking trousers;
5. sweater or jacket (spring/autumn season);
6. rain coat;
9. electric torch;
11. personal first aid-kit;
12. sun block cream and sun glasses;
13. toilet set;
*The weight carried in horse's bags are critical, therefore the trekkers have to keep the weight of personal clothing and other stuff to a maximum of 10 kg or lighter