Itinerary: Tashkent – Ugam-Chatkal National Park, Pskem village – Urungach lakes – Tashkent
Region: Ugam-Chatcal National Park, Western Tien-Shan, Uzbekistan
Tour duration: 1 day
Total length of hiking route: 8 km
Tulipa bifloriformis Vved blooming season: middle of April
Highlights: Mountain Urungach lakes locates in Ugam-Chatkal national park, just in 160 km from Tashkent city (capital of Uzbekistan). Two lakes locate on the different levels and the water overflowing underground from upper lake to down. The majestic beauty of the lakes and surrounding it mountains let the travelers to enjoy by silence and contemplation of nature. There is a possibility to see a lot of snowdrops and tulips along the path in the middle of April. At summer time the travelers can swim in a pure water and to get the sunburn on the lakes’ shores. The Urungach lakes are the unique natural objects, which called by the tourists a "jade lakes" because of the colour.
05:00-11:00 – transfer Tashkent – Pskem river (160 km, 1300 m);
11:00-13:00 – hiking to the mountain Urungach lakes;
13:00-14:00 – picnic and rest on the picturesque upper lake (1571 m);
14:00-15:30 – hiking along the left side of the upper lake;
15:30-17:00 – descent to the bottom lake;
17:00-21:00 – transfer Pskem river - Tashkent.
- special permit to the nature conservation area;
- transfer Tashkent - Ugam-Chatcal National Park, Pskem river - Tashkent;
- Ugam-Chatcal National Park's ecological fees;
- English speaking guide service;
- picnic (sandwiches, tea, water, sweets).
1. trekking boots;
2. wool socks;
3. trekking trousers;
6. sun block cream and sun glasses;
1. The itinerary passes through the nature conservation area where the special permit demands. The documents for permitting should be submitted in 15 days before the tour.
2. Copies of the following documents are required for permitting:
- scanned copy of passport;
- scanned copy of entry visa.
Map of hiking route to Urungach lake
Hiking start & end point - 1251 m