Itinerary: Tashkent – Bukhara – Nurota - canyon Sarmysh - yurt camp - lake Aydarkul – Nurotau mountain range - Tashken
Region: Kyzylkum desert , mountain range Nurotau , Uzbekistan
Type of travel: land transportation
Duration: 5 days/4 nights
Season: April-June, August-October
Day 1: Tashkent - Bukhara
Departure to Bukhara at 21:10 by №662 night train.
Day 2: Bukhara
Arrival to Bukhara at 07:10 a.m. Accommodation and breakfast in the hotel. Guided tour around Bukhara. A visit to the mausoleum of Ismail Samani (IX-X centuries), which is the tomb of the dynasty rulers of Bukhara; Also a visit to Ark fortress, mausoleum Chashma Ayub (XIV c.), museum of Imam Al-Bukhari, mosque Bolo-Hauz, architectural ensemble Poi Kalon, madrasah Miri-Arab, dome of jewelers Toki Zargaron, mosque Magoki-Attori, madrasah Khanaka and Nodir Divan-Begi, madrasah Kukeldash, madrasah Ulugbek, madrasah Abdulazizhan, madrasah Abdullahana, the bazaar, complex Labi Hauz and mosque Chor Minor. Afterwards dinner. Overnight in Bukhara.
Day 3: Bukhara - Nurota - canyon Sarmysh - Yangigazgan - yurt camp
Breakfast in the hotel. Departure to Nurota town (190 km). Excursion in Nurota. A visit to the ruins of the citadel of Alexander the Great, mosque “Namazgokh” (X c), holy spring “Chashma” with lots of fish. Lunch in Nuratau. Departure to Yangigazgan through the canyon Sarmysh (60 km). In the Sarmysh canyon there will be a stop to view petroglyphs from the Bronze Age. From Yangigazgan village transfer to the yurt camp (6 km). Accommodation in yurt camp and camel riding. Dinner around the campfire under the open sky in the desert with songs of a Kazakh akyn. Overnight in the yurt camp.
Day 4: Yurt camp - lake Aydarkul - Nurotau mountains
Breakfast in the yurt camp. Transfer to Aydrakul Lake (30 km). Swimming in the lake. Picnic. Next destination is to Sentob (120 km) located in the foothills of the Nurotau mountain range. Viewing of the ruins of ancient settlements and petroglyphs from the times of presence of Arabs in the region. Dinner. Overnight in a guesthouse in Sentob village.
Day 5: Sentob - Tashkent
Breakfast at the guesthouse. Departure to Tashkent (300 km).
- train ticket for the №662 night train to Bukhara (compartment);
- transportation during the tour;
- twin hotel accommodation with breakfast in Bukhara;
- accommodation in the yurt with breakfast in the Kyzylkum desert;
- accommodation in the guesthouse with breakfast in the foothills of the Nurotau mountain range;
- English speaking tour guide in Bukhara;
- English speaking guide in the Kyzylkum desert;
- registration and touristic tax.
- entrance tickets to historical monuments in Bukhara;
- lunch and dinner during the programme.
1. trekking boots;
2. trekking trousers;
4. thermo-underwear (spring/autumn season);
5. camp slippers;
6. electric torch;
7. personal first aid-kit;
8. toilet set;
Recommended UV protection:
2. sun block cream and sun glasses.