Tien-Shan brown bear's feet print
Itinerary: Tashkent - Ugam - Chatkal National Park: Yakkatut village - Koksu river - natural boundary Ayrik - Yakkatut village - Tashkent
Region: Ugam-Chatkal National Park, Western Tien-Shan, Uzbekistan
Tour duration: 5 days/4 hights
Trekking distance: 54 km
Highlights: Trekking inside Ugam-Chatkal national park upstream Koksu river to the mountain lake. The wildness of the gorge, rocks steeply breaking from 1.5 km altitude to the bottom of a grandiose canyon cause undisguised admiration. Beautyfull mountain ridges with all the year round snow-covered peaks, high-mountainous lakes, mountain rivers and springs with pure water, shady groves and various kinds of trees and flowers.
- transfer Tashkent - Yakkatut village - Tashkent;
- Ugam-Chatkal National Park ecological fees;
- camping outfit (tents, sleeping bags and insulated mats, first aid kit, etc);
- FB meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner);
- rent of horses for carrying of camping outfit and meal;
- service of mountain English speaking guide, cook, drover;
- special permit to the nature conservation territory;
- registration and touristic tax.
1. trekking boots;
2. trekking trousers;
4. thermo-underwear (spring/autumn season);
7. personal first aid-kit;
8. toilet set.
Recommended UV protection:
2. sun block cream and sun glasses.
*The weight carried in horses' bags are critical, therefore the trekkers have to keep the weight of personal clothing and other stuff to a maximum of 10 kg or lighter.
1. The itinerary passes through the nature conservation area where the special permit demands. The documents for permitting should be submitted in 15 days before the tour.
2. Copies of the following documents are required for permitting:
- scanned copy of passport;
- scanned copy of entry visa.
Map of trekking route to Kok-su riverTrekking start altitude - 1004 m
Trekking highest altitude - 1690 m
Trekking end altitude - 1004 m
Total trekking distance - 54 km